My Career Transitions Board:
BART RUFF - Founder, Past President and Past Chairman
ANNAMARIE WALTER - President
KEVIN KEENE - Vice President/Director of Operations
COLLEEN M. HORAN - Director of Communications and Webmaster
MICHAEL (MIKE) HUGHES - Director of Programming
MIKE HENDRI - Director of New Member Orientation
KAREN DELISE - Board Member at Large
AMY DINNING - Board Member at Large
CARLA HOLWAY - Director and Staff Lead from Penn State University
STEVE DEVOLL - Director and President of the Penn State Great Valley Alumni Society
DEBRA MORGAN - Assistant Director of Programming/Programming Manager
AMY KAMINSKI - Assistant Director of Programming/Programming Manager
ELENA PERRI - Programming Manager
CATHERINE NEARY - Programming Manager
DAVID KOROMAUS - Programming Manager
New Member Orientation Team:
AMY DINNING - NMO Instructor
MICHELE RITCHIE - NMO Instructor
MIKE HENDRI - NMO Instructor
MICHAEL J. (MIKE) HUGHES - NMO Instructor
COLLEEN HORAN - NMO Instructor
KAREN DELISE - NMO Instructor
AUDREY STOCKSLAGER - NMO Instructor
MIKE MCGINLEY - Legal Advisor
MAGGIE CARROLL - Assistant Director of Operations
BILL INDIK - Assistant Director of Operations
MARTINA ALTOMONTE - Day of Event Volunteer
LORI BECK - Day of Event Volunteer
LINDA CRUZ - Day of Event Volunteer
RIMLEE DEB ROY - Day of Event Volunteer
BETTY JANE FOGLIO - Day of Event Volunteer
JAMES KANE - Day of Event Volunteer
MELISSA KELLEY - Day of Event Volunteer
DAVID MONAHAN - Day of Event Volunteer
CATHERINE NEARY - Day of Event Volunteer
MELISSA QUICI - Day of Event Volunteer
SAMMY ROSARIO - Day of Event Volunteer
DIANE SCELZA - Day of Event Volunteer
GEORGE SCHONEWOLF - Day of Event Volunteer
AUDREY STOCKSLAGER - Day of Event Volunteer
GIGI TAYLOR - Day of Event Volunteer
MIKE WOZYNJ - Day of Event Volunteer
KAREN WRIGHT - Day of Event Volunteer
VISHAL JAIN - LinkedIn Manager
MELISSA QUICI - Public Relations Manager
REGINA BIUNNO - Public Relations Consultant
PAT MCNICHOL - Public Relations Consultant
DAVID KOROMAUS - Public Relations Consultant
SAMIR JOSHI - Director of Technology
Data Analysis Team:
BILL INDIK - Data Analysis
HOWARD MILLER - Data Analysis
MISSION AND VALUE PILLARS
My Career Transitions Mission:
To help professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area navigate through the career transition process, so "you're not alone." We provide you with a monthly opportunity to learn new skills from our speakers and network with other members. The culture is friendly and welcoming, and it is free thanks to our volunteers, speakers and venue host.
- People helping people, without direct personal benefit
- No cost barrier to attend
What We Do:
- Monthly meetings for professionals (10x/yr) where can network and learn new skills and information related to career and job search
- May include occasion social activity
- New-to-transition orientation in small group setting; following regular meetings 6-10 x/yr
What We Don't Do:
- Weekly support meetings. For this, we defer to many organizations that offer weekly support.
- Endorse or guarantee any services from any person or company, whether speaker or person an attendees meets at an event. See policies.
- Provide comprehensive help. By choosing to be a resource that professionals can access without worrying about paying, we knowingly limit ourselves to providing what we can. This means finding the best speakers and venues we can that don’t require payment for their services, so they may or may not be the very best solution. We also acknowledge that most speakers and venues will expect something in return and we accept that as long as it is indirect benefit (see policies.) We encourage the sharing of information on other resources/events our members may be interested but within our policies.
Who We Do It For:
- Professionals in the Greater Philadelphia Area, or anyone willing to drive to our meetings that seek information on career management or job search and networking opportunities – particularly those that do not have the benefit of outplacement services.
AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS & NETWORKING PARTNERS
My Career Transitions is presented by the Penn State Great Valley Alumni Society. Since 2005, My Career Transitions has grown to become a vital volunteer group that helps all professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area navigate through the career transition process, so "you're not alone." We provide you with a monthly opportunity to learn new skills from our speakers and network with other members. You do not need to be a Penn State Alum to attend our meetings.
Organizations: Some of our meetings are guest-sponsored by other organizations. This allows those organizations to offer their members job-transition programming that they otherwise could not provide on their own. In turn, MCT benefits by being promoted to new people and keeping attendance at the meetings large and varied so as to provide good networking opportunities for our members.
Advertisers: Some guest sponsors may be in the form of “sponsorships” that provide funding for My Career Transitions expenses so that we can provide our service to attendees free of charge.
Greater Philadelphia. Our meetings are held close to 476/The Blue Route for relatively easy access from all parts of the metro area, but people come from as far as Lancaster, Allentown, and NJ.
DRESS CODE AT MEETINGS
There is no dress code. You should dress as you want others to see you. Most attendees tend to dress business casual (slacks, shirts)
Most of your answers can be found on this web site. But after reviewing it if you still have questions, please email us at email@example.com. Please understand that a volunteer checks this email address weekly and will reply to you or connect you with the appropriate person. We are an all-volunteer group with no funds. Please be patient or resubmit your request if you feel it has been missed.